Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Random follow #9 - @NyckiProctor

“Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.” Aristotle

Twitter is the most randomest place for finding new follows, acquaintances and friends.  In my normal life I work with teachers/tutors and I know that their work is never, ever finished.  Another thing I am aware of is how much teachers need to communicate with the wider world so that they continue to grow and develop in themselves.  And so twitter provides a really great platform to achieve that.

Are those the reasons why @NyckiProctor joined twitter? I have no idea. But what I do know is that she has an amazing sense of humor.  Check this tweet out -

"Spent the day in Carterton. I actually think there are only 10 sets of teeth in that whole town & they just share them around."

or this one

"Staying up late makes me YouTube Neil Diamond. That can't be good just before bed".

And yet another great reason why I follow @NyckiProctor is because she is from down Wellington ways.  And Wellington is (in my humble opinion) one of THE best places in New Zealand to live.  So if you post pictures of Wellington onto twitter - you're doing well by me.

“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” William Arthur Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment