Monday, January 14, 2013

Random follow #15 - @handsmegan, @nzcows and @angelahogg

Social media is for everyone.  It doesn't matter where you love or what you decide to do for a living.  Social media cuts across all sectors of society.  One area of industry that social media is becoming more and more popular with - is the farming sector.

Mid 2012 I started following a tweeter who goes by the name of @nzcows.  If there was ever a more self explanatory twitter name than that - I have yet to find it.  Colin is a great tweeter and does a really good job of sharing what life is like down on the farm using an interesting lens.  He actively engages in #agchat and has introduced me to some other really great random NZ tweeters.

The person whom @nzcows introduced me to recently is @handsmegan.  Megans twitter bio is quite an appealing one and it certainly gets the brain cells moving.  Here's how it goes at the moment - Practical Environmentalist, Politics geek, Agriculture advocate and proud Rural NZer. And if that bio isn't enough to prove to you that Megan is a farmer through and through, then try this tweet -

"Being up at this hour makes me feel like I should be heading for a cowshed"

@hangsmegan  doesn't just tweet about cows and rural life but she tweets about subjects that she enjoys and finds fun too.  Much like a mixed farm what you'll find is a pleasant mix of tweets with Megan.  And she does tweet - a fair bit.  In a good way of course!

And it wouldn't be fair to do a blog post about farming tweeters if I didn't include another delightful lady of farming - @angelahogg. Angela is a really cool person.Much like Megan she works hard and works hard to keep a good balance in her life.  And as an advanced notice Angela is organizing the inaugural #tweetup with #AgChatNz in Ashburton at a Farming conference of some kind between the 3rd and 5th July, 2013.  See you there?

Editors note - I've never been to Ashburton myself (hint, hint) so if anyone happened to think they'd help me to get there - I wouldn't say no!  LOL.

 Otago - in summer

and Otago in winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment