Thursday, April 4, 2013

Random follow #84 - @aurattii

Lovely people.  For some reason Wellington, NZ abounds with them.  Maybe its something in the water?  Or maybe it is the sense of community that is generated in a city that thrives on a healthy mix of intellectualism and creativity.  Or maybe its something to do with the slogan of the place "Absolutely Positively Wellington:"?

Whatever the reason is @aurattii can be added to the list of fine tweeters from the nations capital.  Ora is a lovely, honest and creative type.  She has a really great outlook on life - "Today suddenly got extremely hard this afternoon. I'm still optimistic that it will improve".

She celebrates the little wins in life - "Oo lucky me! Found some jet planes in my bag" followed by "not so lucky - been in there so long they now taste like my perfume ".

@auratti's twitter bio speaks volumes about her approach to twitter. And to be fair it is one bio that I think is true "Mostly I just lurk ...".  There is something really refreshing about honesty like that.  And her tweets align to that bio.  She tweets sparingly and quite often adheres to the old maxim of 'if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all'.  Don't get me wrong.  If there is something that is upsetting her that is worth tweeting about - she'll do it.  But her timeline is a healthy mix of everyday stuff that does weigh more towards the positive than the negative.

I'm not going to say too much more about Ora because there isn't too much to say.  Apart from the fact that she comes highly recommended.

'Downpour', by Briar Rose Davies
It was as if the biggest bucket
from the fountain
had finally been tipped
over the edge by that last
drop and was spilling
all over the city that day.

It's raining men
he said leaning across
to stick my coffee receipt
to my jacket,
using the collected water
droplets as adhesive.

Looking down, I noticed
that on the receipt he had sketched
a tiny man with a mini,
matching moustache.

(Source: http://goo.gl/3OjXB)

No comments:

Post a Comment