Friday, May 31, 2013

Random follow #135 - @TheTimaruvian

Guess what?  I found a BRAND NEW twitter account!  Really!  This account only has 10 tweets to its name!  Pretty cool if you ask me.  Getting on board with a new tweeter early on is always a cool thing to do 'cos then when they get famous you can stake a fame claim of 'I was there at the beginning...'  LOL.

@TheTimaruvian is the twitter account for Timaru's only newspaper.  There aren't that many tweeters that I know of who hail from Timaru so having at least a second account does make quite a difference to the twitter landscape.

I can't tell you too much about @TheTimaruvian as a tweeter (because they do only have 10 tweets) so I will try and uncover a few facts about the town instead.  Note - I said town and not city.

  • Fact 1.  Timaru's most famous tweeter is @evilkud
  • Timaru's only newspaper is @TheTimaruvian
  • Around 30,000 people live there (in the town)
  • Timaru is a faming town.  The North Island equivalent is probably Masterton.
  • It has 6 high schools and one polytechnic
  • And 2 radio stations
  • Jack Lovelock came from Timaru
  • There is also a song about Timaru (see the bottom of this post)
So there you go.  @TheTimaruvian have a funky website and they aren't afraid to bring you the hard news.  If you need evidence of this I recommend you check out this page - http://timaruvian.co.nz/bookarama-has-locals-frothing-at-the-bit/

So to be honest I am not sure these guys are actually legitimate.  In fact I would go so far as to think they may be a parody account.  But I tell you what - this account is SERIOUSLY funny!  So follow it if you're after a laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment