Sunday, May 26, 2013

Random follow #130 - @markboynz

Until last night I assumed tonight’s Random Kiwi tweeter lived in Wellington. I also assumed he knew another tweeter in real life because I had seen them tweet each a lot and that tweeter is in Wellington which is why I assumed @markboynz was also in Wellington. But he is an Auckland lad, and if I had read through his TL sooner, I would have discovered this fact.

Now the fact he is in Auckland actually has nothing to do with what I’m about to write, but I do find it interesting that our perception of someone can change from reading their tweets in our stream to reading them in their own timeline.

Now, having read through Mark’s Timeline I have a better understanding of the man he is. Let’s look at his Twitter bio. It reads:
phd candidate in tv & new media, tv & media lover, pub quiz fanatic, league fan, former music store owner, all-round geek.



Now let’s break his Twitter bio down.
PhD candidate in tv & new media
That right there tells me he is one smart cookie.
TV & media lover
Considering he is doing a PhD in tv and media, no surprises on that one.
Pub quiz fanatic
Tells me he likes to have fun and loves trivia
League fan
He is a Rugby League fan and I am guessing sport fan in general
Former music store owner
He has a love of music
All-round geek
He has a great sense of humour

So what do tweets from someone with a Twitter bio like that look like? Well a bit like this:

"Write. Write. Write. Write. Write. Sip Coffee. Write. Write. Write. Sip Coffee. Write. Write Write. Make New Coffee. Write. #PhDProcess"


"50 mins til I have to submit my chapter draft. That's enough time to come up with a new theory of audience engagement, right?"

"Wait. Do I have to choose between #warriors and #xfactornz tonight? #SophiesChoice"

"Reading Twitter while bleary-eyed is surprisingly similar to reading Twitter while wide awake."

So in summary @markboynz is the kind of tweeter who will bring a bit of everything to your stream. TV, media, sport, music and most importantly humor. So, if you want to inject a bit of all those things to your stream, go on, hit the follow button.

And as this blog likes to do when it can, the last word goes to Mark himself:

"I am going to get into bed, and I'm taking you all with me. #Friday"



This post written and directed by @pammygirl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment