Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Random follow #69 - @muffinmum

Twitter and social media are great levelers of people.  It doesn't matter who you are, where you are from or what you do for a job.  Everybody in social media starts off at point zero.  And if you want to be any good at it then you need to bring your own personality, your own flavor and your own sense of humor.

So for someone like @muffinmum who states in her twitter bio that "Yes, I am short, thanks for telling me" social media puts her on an evening playing field with everyone else. Also known as Emma in real life, @muffinmum is a well rounded tweeter (in a metaphoric sense).  With an ability to engage in conversation on almost any topic she would make a great member of a pub quiz team.  She also works for a University so she must be a smart cookie.

If you follow her you will find that she is a lady of both many talents but also many interests.  There aren't that many ladies who know too much about video gaming but Emma knows her stuff.  She brings a healthy sense of nostalgia to your timeline - "sometimes I wish I could go back to the day when Time Crisis was the best game ever"

She is also able to use twitter as a tool for crowd sourcing answers such as "Research - did you or will you, or anyone you know, have a traditional wedding fruit cake decorated with royal icing?"  or this - "Help - best way to improve Excel skills when you don't use it in current job but would need it for another job?"

@muffinmum also has great taste in television entertainment - "That new Pope bloke looks like he is related to Mrs Brown." and "Was any one watching the hospital program on tV1? Just caught the end, what was the brain surgery the man was having?"

What is deceptive though is the fact that I thought she was a fine young member of society.  One of those five descriptive words isn't entirely true though.  She isn't as young in natural years as her personality and approach to life would have you believe.  "My boss couldn't believe it when I told him I was older than him, he is 32. I was happy."  Maybe its good genetics?  I think it is all about her philosophy and approach to life.

Its also cool that she isn't afraid to ask for help when she gets stuck on a particular issue - "Help, camp list says sand shoes, WTF are sand shoes? Need translation"

There is probably plenty more I could say about one of the lovely people of twitter.  But I shall refrain.  I shall let you make the journey of discovery on your own.  I certainly hope you do because @muffinmum is right up there with the best of them.  Tweeters that is ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment