Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Random follow #63 - @TickledNZ

"Excels at being awesome"

Ladies and gentlemen of twitter I present to you the one, the only @TickledNZ!

When someone's twitter bio says that about them then there really isn't much more I can add that may convince you that Toni is a fun loving, big spirited, adventurous, genuine lovely lady.

She is incredibly attractive, enjoys her fitness and therefore looking good physically and she is also just really nice.  And being a kiwi away from home she also likes to tweet those from home who can help to remember some of the reasons why New Zealand is such a magnificent place to live.

Even when kiwi's leave the nest and head overseas - home is still home.  And there are some things that we just can't live without.  Here are a couple of item's that Toni has mentioned missing -

"@PeopleofNZ mince and cheese *sighs* #pietalk"
"Less than 5 mins to go. Come on Chiefs!!"
"Today marks 10 yrs away from home! Apparently u should all be buying me pressies of the tin variety. May I suggest cans of watties tomato sc"

As with all ex-pat Kiwi tweeters that tell you about things happening in their general area that they don't realise are quite different that what we at home experience.  For example -

"On a train to Glasgow. Boy with the drinks cart forgot we are in the best position to see him adjust himself & the lads are talking football"
"And how did Scotland help me celebrate such an achievement? By enveloping me in freezing cold Haar! O second home, I love ur sense of humour"

Toni's tweets are sweet and normal.  And they just appear.  Like out of nowhere they are just there.  I quite often have to do a double take when her tweets come up 'cos she quite often tweets at normal times for New Zealand.  Here is one that made me do a double take - 

"Very much looking forward to seeing the mega awesome@Ginger_82 in Jekyll & Hyde tonight! x".

Why the double take?  Because my first thought was 'why didn't anyone TELL me Jekyll & Hyde is on in New Zealand!!!!!!'.  (Yes it is one stage show I must see in this lifetime).  

And in my mind it is that fact there which sums up @TickledNZ the best.  After 10 years of being away from home she still sounds, talks and tweets like a genuinely lovely lady from the land of the long white cloud, Aotearoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment