Saturday, March 2, 2013

Random follow #55 - @jeanettemarsh

Today I am going to cut to the chase and tell you what I think,

@jeanettemarsh is an out of the box tweeter.  She is lively, active and very prolific as a tweeter.  She is non-judgemental and always has a kind word or two to put out there in the twitterverse to whom ever may have need of some encouragement.

Of all the people I have profiled so far Jeanette without a doubt has the widest range of twitter people that I have seen interacted with.  She has such a wide range of twitter friends that it almost defies belief.  But I also think it is her personality and openness that enamors her to others.  I have looked through her timeline (and this is no criticism in any way) and 99% of her tweets are conversations or interactions with others.  Personally I love that type of tweeting.  It means the person takes the time to listen to others, take notice of what is happening in the twitterverse and offer some words to the conversation.

I am really unsure if there have been any unkind or hurtful words uttered by Jeanette.  She strikes me as someone for whom the cup is always half full, a challenge is something to relish and friends and family are the true essence and worth of life.


No profile of a random kiwi tweeter would be complete though without some examples of what you will see if you follow them.  Sometimes there are questions that are too hard for even google to answer so smart people turn to the twitterverse for answers.  Like this question of Jeanette's -

"I bought my first jar of shrimp paste today. It has a bit poking thru the sealing wax. Is it meant to stink like fish sauce?"

There are a few laughs -

"I'm back. Both parents deaf today. Flyspray = BrownsBay. Took them 2 small supermarket & big shoe shop. (Dad wanted No.1 Shoes) Dad worn out"

She has taste in art -

"Just saw a gorgeous Kyoto Satsuma vase on the Antiques Roadshow. I'm happy now.:D"

And at the end of every day she lets us know that her day is done so sweetly -

"Tweet ya later :)"

@jeanettemarsh is someone who quietly and in her own way goes about tweeting.  There isn't any grandstanding or soap boxing.  She is lovely, gentle and caring.  But don't think those traits somehow make her easy to push around.  In fact the opposite is quite true.  It takes a lot more strength and fortitude to ignore some of the rubbish and nonsensical debate that occurs from time to time on twitter.

Hit the follow button.  Pause.  Engage.  Please.

Last word - Jeanette loves yoga too.


No comments:

Post a Comment