Monday, March 4, 2013

Random follow #57 - @kirbsradioboy

I have only a few criteria for someone to be profiled in this project.  The most specific criteria is that someone has to be interesting.  @kirbsradioboy has the label of being interesting totally nailed.

Going by the name of 'Indie Rock Kid' @kirbsradioboy is certainly a man with diverse interests and a very interesting home life.  The first thing that struck me was his profile.  Anyone whose opening line says that he has a hot wife is all right with me.  Any man who speaks of his wife in such a way is someone who has his priorities sorted and knows what is important to him.

He is also a dad.  Being a dad is quite simple awesome.  No disrespect to mums (because they are fantastic too) but dads do stuff different.  Dads climb trees, wrestle, plat football and do man stuff.  Being a dad and being present in your kids lives is important.  Not every kid has the chance to have a dad and for those of us dads who are able to be present in our kids lives we need to savor that privilege and not take it for granted,  And I am sure Indie Rock Kid values his sons very much.  You can tell when he tweets like this -

"2nd day off in 28 days To celebrate I'm going to the . No that it excites me, its more for the kids and being a good dad"

And like all of us there is more to @kirbsradioboy than his home life.  There is also his vocation.  Radio and not just radio but sports commentating.  From what I can tell its all sports.  From football to speedway, throw in some rugby and some cricket and you'll understand what I mean.

And if you've followed twitter for a while you will know there are more than a few people who are keen on speedway and stock cars.  Including the infamous @ramjamnz.  And I know this next tweet by @kirbsradioboy will have him weakening at the knees -    

"Sucking in Methanol fumes commentating speedway. Waiting for the headache. "

And how could he go by a name such as Indie Rock Kid if he didn't tweet about music. 

"I am on the hunt for my dream guitar amp. Yep business is good. "

"Some of your issues can be solved with music." and "Dance like the world is ending."

And his musical taste matches, or is exemplified, by his twitter name -

"must be having a good shame just takes me back to a happy place"

@kirbsradioboy doesn't live on social media like some of us do.  He jumps in and tweets when he has something decent to say.  And I am picking he keeps an eye on what is going on but chooses when and where he will join the conversation.

And any random tweeter who is actually interesting has to have a sense of humor.  As I have a sweet tooth this tweet really appeals to me - "Got through a mountain of work today. The only shame is that my job isn't an ice cream taster for magnums."

If you are looking to follow a well rounded kiwi tweep who will add some musical nostalgia and value, give reverence to those who deserve it, speak praise where it is due and insert an occasional football tweet you found it right here in @kirbsradioboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment