Thursday, February 28, 2013

Random follow #53 - @thesewphist

Not everyone who uses social media is open about themselves.  Some people, like today's tweeter, do a great job of keeping their real identity secret.  Its like twitter allows them to showcase their skills, talents and creativity in a safe and public way without the hassle.

@thesewphist is someone I have tried to write a post on before.  but I just couldn't get the right angle or approach to this person.  This is my attempt to try and correct that now.

Here are a few things that I think I do know -

  1. This person is a teacher or works in education.  And they also have to deal with all the struggles that go with working in an educational environment. 
    Tweet exhibit #1 - "Arggh, someone nicked all the whiteboard markers from my room AND left a packet of flip chart markers under the whiteboard.
  2. This person loves to express them-self but waits for the right opportunity to do so.  I am picking up a bit of shyness here.
    Tweet exhibit #2 - "Husband popped out for a quick photoshoot, neighbours are away. I'm honour-bound to take up this opportunity for solo SingStar, aren't I?"
  3. This person is bubbling with creative talent and skill.
    Tweet exhibit #3 - "Hmm, being in the midst of the workroom makeover, my ironing station is rather obscured. But I have the urge, nay, the need to sew..."
  4. This person has a keen sense of nostalgia and appreciates the memories of yesterday. 
    Tweet exhibit #4 "I'm going to gaze out the window at the Avalon studios and imagine the Goodnight Kiwi snuggling down, then do the same myself. "
@thesewphist is yet another hearty soul who hails from the nations capital of Wellington.  (What is it with Wellington and the use if twitter???).

In reading through @thesewphist timeline and in observing the way she interacts with people I am 100% confident that she is a very sweet, warm and loving person.  She is also very shy but still carries within her a definite strength that can at times be overlooked and undervalued by others.  She also is an encourager of others and looks for the positives in any and every situation.

If you would like to tweet @thesewphist go right ahead.  If you would like to see some of her sewing work then you can check it out at her website - http://www.thesewphist.com/.

 @thesewphist is a total gold medal tweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment