Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Random follow #51 - @quitesimplykell


I was told once that I don’t mention my wife and family enough in my social media interactions.  Well that isn’t an issue for today’s random tweeter.  Well it is a little because @quitesimplykell is the wife in the relationship as opposed to the husband.  But she most definitely tweets a lot about those whom she loves the most.

She doesn’t give too much away about said husband but it is easy to see in her tweets a genuine love and appreciation of her man.  Except for this tweet “ I shouldn't laugh when Daisy jumps on her Daddy's balls. But I can't help it. #painface

The next greatest love in her life after her husband is her wee little girl.  “Today I am still D's primary source of food, tomorrow it will all change. My wee girl is growing up. #breastfeeding #eightmonthsold #solids”.  

Being a mum is no easy task and any lady that commits herself to being one gets both my applause and my sympathies.  Because the contributions that mums make are quite often overlooked or under rated.
@quitesimplykell shares in a number of her tweets her journey being a mum.  More of the ups than the downs which is really nice.  And it sounds lie she is a natural at it too “The war against the dummy last night was a success. Took half an hour to get D to sleep but she slept til 6am. #rested #happy”.  

And then there are those days.  The days when everything you try just isn’t happening and you can get a bit overwhelmed.  And all you really need, whether you realise it or not, is just some plain old good advice like this “Just had my first cry on the phone to @plunketnz and they were amazing. Wish I'd swallowed my pride and called earlier. Thanks Plunket!”

Kellie is able to laugh at herself in an honest and self-reflective way.  “Why are so many of the dresses on ASOS so short? I have nearly 34 year old Kiwi Chick thighs damn it!! And cellulite. #thetruthcomesout” But she didn’t let that didn’t hold her back because “Woohoo, two successful online purchases from ASOS. Love my tops!!”

And there is her dental hygiene “The best bit about corn season is that it forces me to floss my teeth. My dentist who has not seen me in three years would be proud.”

I may be a little wrong on this one but I get the sense that is also a talented writer.  I haven’t been following her long enough and have not been so blunt as to ask the question “What do you write?” or “Are you famous” but I am sure Kellie is.  And we’re not talking little bits of writing.  Oh no we are talking about some serious work “That moment where you send off a manuscript and you kind of want to vomit from the hope/stress/tension of it all.”

Once she gets on a roll on a particular topic @quitesimplykell is able to bust out some very funny tweets.  And like whole series of them.  She strings together a number of tweets on a topic and manages to keep you the reader enthralled.  The best examples of these were the tweets relating to the Pope.   

Try these on –

“I like that the Pope has to give four weeks notice when he resigns, just like the rest of us do.”
I also like that the pope knows when he's shit at his job. Not all managers do.”
I hope that the hot looking Cardinal dude gets to become Pope. I could watch him talk faith all day.”
The Pope lasted eight years in his job, that's three years more than I've ever managed to last. That's dedication. #Pope

So there you go.  In a little over 600 words, many of them actually being Kellie’s own, I think I managed to build a very good argument to follow a very likeable lady who is full of great ideas.  The choice is over to you now.  “To follow.  Or not to follow.  That is the question”.

Oh and just to sum it all up - 
@quitesimplykel is cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment