Sunday, December 29, 2013

Random follow #299 - @iofthetyger

There are plenty (like HEAPS) of really nice people who are on twitter.  Random Kiwi Tweeter extraordinaires.  @iofthetyger absolutely fulfills this definition absolutely.  Many people would go so far as to utter the words "what a lovely man he is" and I have to agree with them totally.

Chris is a cricket loving, vocal supporter, full time dad and part time employee for the good folk at Vodafone.  Yes he does work in their social media team but everyone who is a parent knows that just cos you walk out the door in the morning and go to work that your parental duties are done with.  They aren't.

There is a lot to like about Chris and the way he tweets.  He reminds us all of what its like to be a parent sometimes - 

"It's 10:30 time to exercise my paternal duty and turn off the mind numbing and pointless kids TV,and switch on the cricket #unpopulardad"
He also shares with us some very funny views on the Christmas holidays

"Its just occurred to me that the increase in local dog walking is probably to do with the increase in mother in law visits,-as I walk my dog"

And it look slike his role with Vodafone also allows him (from time to time) special access to the @NZWarriors rugby league team.  That fact alone is one which causes me to be jealous and wonder what it would take to attain that sort of privilege......

Chris is an amazing tweeter who doesn't take himself or the internet too seriously.  His ability to have a laugh and share items from the brighter side of life on twitter make him really endearing.  With a warm personality and charming sense of humour I am sure Mrs @iofthetyger got it really right when she chose him :)

Chris is a kiwi through and through and his better half is most definitely English.  I have only just added Chris to my follow list and I genuinely wish I had of found him earlier in the year to have had the pleasure of his company.  Oh well, now's a far better time than never.

So @iofthetyger gets the final words in this blog post.  And just like we all do, he shares a very funny insight into the world around us - 

"I probably shouldn't,but I make a lot of judgements about new neighbours when I first see their wi-fi networks name".


No comments:

Post a Comment