Thursday, September 26, 2013

Random follow #243 - @feddabonn

I love finding random tweeters.  I love it even more when I go to their twitter page and the first thing I do is get a massive smile all over my face.  I could stop right there and not tell you any more about @feddabonn cos thats just how awesome her is - but I won't.  :-p

Baruk is yet another librarian who is totally setting twitter on fire.  He has a very interesting background and also some very interesting likes and hobbies.

His background = he is a migrant from tribal India
His hobbies = a comics fanatic
His other hobby = a student of post literacy (post literacy is all about continuing education for adults) 
His drink of choice = he is a connoisseur of tequila.

What's even cooler about @feddabonn is his flexibility and adaptiveness as a person. He is an outspoken, fiercely intelligent man who is unafraid to speak truth to power...or to dress up as a superhero for a children's comic book day.  (Its that exact photo that makes me smile from ear to ear.)

His unique perspective on Aotearoa - and willingness to share it on Twitter - make him, for my money, one of the most interesting New Zealanders you can find online.

So what sort of tweets exactly will you see if you follow this one of a kind guy?

"There is personal. There is generic. 'Personalisation' is trying to make the generic look personal. Ain't nobody got time for that!"  <-- incredible insight laced with humor tweets.

"So anyone reading #LostGirls in Banned Books Week? Oh hang on...is there Books Not Banned Yet but Might Potentially Be Week?" <-- literature tweets.

"so british people immigrated+colonised 3.5 continents, but are now upset that peeps are returning the favour? anyone else amused?" <-- call it for what it is tweets.

@feddabonn is one of the people of twitter that make it all worthwhile.  Worthwhile engaging with social media and meeting new people.  Go on - SPICE UP YOUR LIFE! and follow him.  I have.


Again a big thanks to @booksadventures for giving me the low down and good oil on Baruk!



No comments:

Post a Comment